Friday, October 28, 2011

Follower Friday - Reader Submissions 8

If you are going to ask question after question, asking the next one before I've even started answering the first one, I am just going to be quiet and let you get it all out of your system.  It's obvious you aren't listening to the answers anyway.  I need to be concentrating on your service, not trying to figure out what you are asking in you ADD kind of ways.

When you are late, you make me run late for the rest of the day.  I will not punish those after you who are ON TIME, by starting them late.  Sorry, but your appointment ends when it was scheduled to end.  If I am not finished, sorry, next time be on time.

The bathroom light was off and the door was open when you went in.  Why must you always leave the light on and close the door when you leave?  Don't you realize this makes people think someone is in there???

Seriously, if you break it, fix it or at least tell someone it's broke.  Don't leave it for someone to find later.

If you don't instruct your new clients on home care, don't be pissed off when they come back a mess.

Short cuts that you take today will lead to long detours in two weeks.

To the techs that boast "My nails NEVER lift".  I would like to call you a big, fat, hairy liar.  Everyone has at least one problem client that lifts.  I officially call bullshit on you.

When someone is taking the time to mentor you, you should listen to them.  They shouldn't have to say the same things to you over and over, some of which, you should already know.

Gel polish didn't ruin your nails.  YOU ruined them when you peeled the stuff off even when it obviously didn't want to come off.

If you are a tech and you are still doing pink and whites with 1/4 inch pink and 1/2 inch white, you need to take some damn continuing education classes because that just isn't right.  Do you really think that enhances the nail??????

Why am I still trying to find something that I ordered on October 10 and have tried online help, emailed and called the company.  Last Friday I was told that it would be shipped out.  Here it is a week later and still nothing.

A manicure is a manicure, it is NOT a full set of acrylic nails.  Why would you think otherwise?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the OCD client. I have one exactly like this!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I do NOT have any clients that lift. I must be doing something right and I don't lie. Golly Geeeeeee.

Nancy NailTech said...

Okay, I didn't write the "If you say you have no clients that lift, you are a liar", however, I agree with the post. So are you saying that you have NO LIFTING on 100% of your clients?

Are you saying that 100% of your clients actually take care of their nails?

REALLY?

If so, congratulations!! I would like to suggest that you submit a manuscript to write a book so that you can share your Super Hero Nail Teching skills with the rest of us!

You need to teach someone like me, who sees 30 plus standing clients on a three week rotation, with sporatic and two weekers in the open spaces, how you do it. Because of the 100 plus clients that I see on a regular basis, I still have 5 that are problem children, mainly because they don't take care of their nails.

So, I know you have to have some too that are stripping wall paper with bare hands, gardening without gloves, refinishing furniture bare handed, etc. So, PLEASE, share with the nail world how you got such wonderful skills that you can keep nails on THOSE TYPES OF PEOPLE!!!!

I can't wait! This is defiantly going to be a BEST SELLER!! OMG I have shivers just thinking about never having to fix a lifted nail again or replace on that a client lost!!!!!!!!! It's like Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Lifting and breaking are two different things. If you are talking about clients who use their nails as tools, you will have breaking. Lifting is another whole story. If your prepping is good you will never have lifting.
It is wonderful you have three weekers. Maybe those three weeker problem children should become two weekers if they are your lifters.
I have a few four weekers that are very slow growers. No lifting and no breaks. In five years she has had one chip.
So is it lifting or breaking?

Nancy NailTech said...

People who strip wallpaper with bare hand are going to lift no matter how good you think you are.

People who clean with bleach without gloves are going to lift no matter how good you think you are.

So, are you just a Nail Nazi and don't book people who abuse their hands and nails?

As for my five problem children, I just fix the lifting, preach my good sermon and charge them for the appropriate repairs. No biggie, but I am honest when I say that I have five people who lift, because of THEIR actions.

Anonymous said...

While your at it would you mind telling these techs that post pictures of their work to at least make them worth looking at? Clean up the shape, get the damn polish off the sidewalls, make sure you don't see your crappy fill lines, and lopsided work. Gah, please please just keep those to yourself. I am tired of lying " oh those are nice". No they arent. They are awful. Ugly hand painted flowers that belong on country themed watering cans. I cringe at so many uploads of the "let me show you the new nails I did". They are awful.

Salon Owner said...

Some of us post photos of our work to our salon FB page, we are posting the examples to our clients not to other nail techs for critique. Some of our techs are newer, so yes, they may not do the best work, but they are working to build a clientele. Clients never notice these flaws, their eyes are not trained to see what we see. So, if you don't like the photos, it's quite simple, don't like the page. We weren't asking for your opinion anyway.