Thursday, October 6, 2011

Where Has Customer Service Gone?

I really, seriously would like to know where has customer service gone?  Right now, I am receiving some HORRIBLE customer service from about three different manufacturers in our industry.

Why list an email address in your Contact Us section of your website if you never check your email?  When people live on different coasts, it is sometimes difficult to call because of the time difference.  Email works best, however, NOT if you don’t read your emails.  I have sent one particular company three emails over the course of a week.  NO ANSWER.  I guess I will have to schedule some time today to CALL THEM.   FAIL.

Company number two had three items on backorder when they shipped my package over a month ago.  No communication.  I had to actually contact them to find out when the backordered items were coming.  I was informed that two of the items were no longer available and that I could pick something else.  UHHHHHH, what?  So how long have you known this?  No offer of a refund, I need to pick something else. 

Listen, I am BUSY.  I don’t have time to babysit your inventory.  If you go to their website today, you will still be able to order the two items that are NO LONGER AVAILABLE!  They will take your money, then hope that you never inquire about the back order.  DOUBLE FAIL!

The third company is one that is servicing a piece of salon equipment.  I had the piece serviced, which amounts to cleaning and lubricating two months ago.  Well, they jacked something up in it.  I overnighted it and they have had it in their possession for three weeks now.  THREE WEEKS.  No call from them.  I emailed to check on when the piece will be returned.  No answer.  I called and left THREE MESSAGES.  No answer.  Does anyone even work there anymore????  TRIPLE FAIL.

Right now, I am so fed up.  I am so sick and tired of babysitting not only my staff, but the people who manufacturer products that I need.  When I was young and babysat, I not only got paid for it, I was also provided pizza and Mountain Dew.  Ummmmmm all I am getting now is an ulcer.

--Nancy

No comments: