Monday, October 24, 2011

Serious Stupidity

What the hell is going on with people now a days?  I have recently encountered a few people, who are just clueless.

Clueless number one.  A "NEW" client called and asked if we had any openings on Friday for that day.  I replied that we had a 5:00 open.  She said "Nothing earlier?"  I politely replied that when you are calling for an appointment the day of, you are pretty much at the mercy of the cancellation list.  That appointment was the earliest and actually the ONLY appointment we had available.

She then said she had another question for me.  "I don't get paid until Tuesday, can I write you a check and date it for Tuesday?"  WHAT??  I again, politely responded that we require payment at the time of service and we do take credit cards, so that is another payment option for her.

What the hell!  Seriously???  I know that WalMart brought back layaway for the holidays but there is no layaway for nails!!!  Now, had this been a regular client, who asked this, we most likely would have said no problem.  This is a brand, spanking, new client, here people.  Um, no.  Listen if you can't afford a $25 check to get your nails done, then maybe you shouldn't be getting your nails done.  Make sense??

Clueless number two.  A week ago, I spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with a new client, who asked for a MANICURE.  I asked her if she wanted a regular manicure of one of our No Chip Manicures like Shellac.  After explaining over and over and over and over, she opted for the Shellac manicure.

She arrives for her appointment and gets all indignant because she says she wants tips.  I explained again the differences between Manicures, Shellac, Acrylic Nails and Temporary Nails.  She then thinks she wants a full set of acrylics.  Well there isn't enough time to do them so she had me schedule it for next week.  She then decides that maybe the temporary nails are the way to go.  She then says, "But I don't want FAKE nails, I want acrylic nails".  REALLY?????

I politely explain to her that in essence, acrylic nails ARE fake nails.  The difference between temporary nails and acrylic nails are that temporary nails are TEMPORARY, you don't fill or maintain them.  Acrylics need to be maintained.  Round and round and round we go.  Twenty minutes later, I had 10 minutes to do Shellac on her, which is what she ultimately decided to go with.

I hope this was just a fluke last week.  I really don't have any room in MY schedule for new people.  When I do, I sure as heck don't want these stupid ass people in my book.  I want a client who is going to LISTEN to what we say and what we suggest.  Oh, and I want payment at the time of service!

--Nancy

No comments: