Tuesday, October 11, 2011

So, the rules don’t apply to you, huh?

So may salons think that rules don’t apply to them.  I just love that way of thinking.  They want to bitch and moan about the Non Standard Salons not following the rules, but then it is okay for them.

Case in point.  Feather Extensions.  This is a hair service, plain and simple.  In our state, it can only be done in a Cosmetology Salon.  A Nail Salon is for the beautification of the nails of the hands and feet.

Problem is, there are so many stupid salon owners out there that think that just because you are taking a feather, threading it through a crimping bead, threading hair through it and crimping the bead closed, that this is not a hair service. Um, think again.

Sorry, but your state board disagrees.  Consider yourself reported.  Expect to see an inspector at your door soon.  Better get that pedicure log up to date as well. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It depends a little on your state.

I called my state board before offering hair feathers, and they told me what the requirements are.

Which allowed me to do them as a nail tech.

Just fyi. :)

Nancy NailTech said...

I was totally talking about my state laws and the majority of the states do NOT allow this under a Nail Technology license. Yes, you are fortunate that your state allows it, but your state is in the minority.