Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Striking a Nerve - The Truth Hurts

So, it looks like our last post struck a nerve with a few people.  I guess the truth does hurt when you read it.  The difference is, what do you do with it.  Do you get mad and lash out?  Do you try to get even?  Or, do you take a good, hard look in the mirror and try to learn from it?

Looks to me as though those who are offended will not learn from it.  We get comments like "who is the miserable bish who started this blog anyway?" and passive aggressive postings on Facebook.  This is the perfect example of WHY this blog is written and contributed to anonymously.  We even let you comment anonymously.

I have been around the block in the past 18 years.  I have seen a lot and I have spoken up a few times too.  When I did, I was scolded and ridiculed.  I've been told a few times that "I will never work in this industry "I" will make sure of it" just because I called someone out on their bullshit.  This happens every day.  These too big for their britches people will try to black ball you from the industry.  I have seen it happen over and over.  Some of these top guns are the biggest bullies there are.

So, this is why this blog is here.  It's a way for you to say what you want with no fear of people trying to black ball you from the industry.  It's a way to tell your client they are acting like a jackass without them taking offense that you are telling them that, they can read it and see that they are being a jackass.  It's a way to tell your salon owner that she is being unfair.  It's a way to tell your staff that they need to shape up without having them take offense and all walk out on you at once.  This blog is all about making peopler THINK about their actions.  It's about making our lives a better place.

By holding all of our frustrations in, we are not moving forward.  We are not progressing.  Some of these things NEED to be said.  These things NEED to be read.  We NEED a place to say these things without the fear of being blackballed, ridiculed, singled out or bullied.

So, I repeat, if anything in this blog offends you.......please march back the hallway, go into the bathroom and look in the mirror.  Does the truth hurt you?  If it does, what are you going to do about it?

6 comments:

Madge said...

BRAVO!!! I have experienced this bullying on Beauty Tech and now I just keep my mouth shut. Thank you for bringing this much needed service to our "community"

Anonymous said...

Madge- you have experienced this on BeautytTech? Say it ain't so. Was yours an opinion that did not sit well with the favourites? Were the big mouths able to ramble on and flame you to death, but you were the one who got the punishment? Remember the Blue Cross thread? No professionalism what-so-ever. The behaviour was grade school from top to bottom. The poor tech who did not agree took a severe beating.

Madge said...

No, I don't remember that thread but it doesn't surprise me that people there would condem people about their choice of insurance. Sad.

Anonymous said...

Sorry. Should've clarified. Blue Cross cuticle remover. Don't use it either, but watch out if you don't or it doesn't work for you and you speak out about it.

Anonymous said...

I have almost quite BT completely because of the childish behavior and the number of people that are not techs on the site. I think that the whole point of "networking" is to gain/chare knowledge with others in your field. Hard to do if they are always beating you for asking a question, or beating you up for having a different opinion than they do. I can get that kind of abuse from staff/clients.

Anonymous said...

Would one of those who "black ball" be someone who has a signature as large as her ego? just askin'