Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Readers have submitted their resolutions for 2012!

  • I am going to set my schedule and STICK to it, no more adding hours and days.
  • I would like to become a better nail technician and find a job!!
  • I don't usually set resolutions, but my plan this year is to take (at minimum) two more CND classes, and attend at least one networking event.
  • Take some CND classes hopefully 2 or 3), set and stick to a schedule, expand my art abilities, be completely booked solid at least 2 days a week-every week.  I just started this August and am still building my clients.....Christmas season rush has been awesome, tho! Booked solid every day Tuesday thru Saturday, and now that I know what it feels like I want it every day!  OH! And set up a blog with my nail art stuff to link up with Pinterest!
  • I am working on rebuilding my clientele after taking a few years off.
  • I'm REALLY going to build my new desk this year... really.
  • I am going to take charge of my employees and hold them accountable for not following salon rules and procedures, especially paying their booth rent on time.
  • I am going to implement a Cancellation/NO-Show Policy and enforce it.  Strictly.
  • I am going to raise my prices.  First time in seven years!
  • I am going to bring in two new services to the salon before summer.
  • A cleaning schedule!  A different room will be on schedule each week so that once a month each room gets a total overhaul and in the off weeks just the normal weekly cleaning.
  • We WILL get our client records in order this year!
  • I want to get rid of my paper appointment book.  I want to go all online and utilize a mobile phone and laptop and online booking.  I'm scared!!
  • I WILL go to Premier Orlando this year!
  • Enter a competition and finish on time.
  • Start using an efile.  My shoulder can't take hand filing much longer.
  • I want to not only learn gels this year, I want to master them.  Better yet, I will conquer them!
  • Clutter be gone.


No comments: