Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Friends and Family

For me, friends and family, who are clients, seem to be my most challenging ones.  They don't listen to my rules, they don't take care of their nails and they don't care if I lecture them.  Why do I put up with them?  Because I love them!  However, there are a few things I would LOVE to say to them, but, obviously, I can't, so I will now.  Here.

Mother.  I love you, I know you gave birth to me after 26 hours of labor, but for the love of all things good, can you please wash your hands, without being told, before you sit down.  Please wash them right the first time, removing all the cookie dough, bread dough, hamburger and whatever the hell you were cooking or baking, before you came into the salon, that is under your nails.

I would like to continue to work for may more years, so please do not look at your nails while I am working on them.  You are putting constant pressure in an upward motion, causing me to put constant pressure in a downward motion.  This results in me having numb hands after we are finished.

It's been 18 years .  Do not try to pay.  I won't take your money.  You are the ONLY person who is given this luxury.  Enjoy it.

Sister.  Please be on time.  When you are late, you put me behind all day long and it stresses me out.  It's not like you have a job or anything.  There is no reason for you to be late.  Your Starbucks run can wait until after your appointment.  Since you are already late, you should know exactly what you want when you sit down.  I am going to start telling you your appointment is 30 minutes before it actually is and then I think we will both be in sync.

Best Friend Barb.  I love you, but you have to stop firing up all the other techs, and their clients, in the salon with your topics.  By the time you leave, everyone is all pissed off at their husbands.  We are angry and ready to go home and castrate them with our stiletto nails.  That is my only complaint about you.

The above things, are things I would never tolerate from clients.  I guess these three get away with these things because they are family and friends and I love them.  What things do your family and friends, who are clients, do to annoy the ever living crap out of you?

--Nancy

2 comments:

Lady Ace said...

Aside from the "not paying me" part, you & I could have the same mom... She gets a discount, but still pays. My sisters don't live close, but I wonder how they would be as clients, if they did?

Yvonne Perkins said...

lol love it! If I'm doing your nails for free then I feel like I am the one who decides what design you will be advertising for me......so no picky picky.....you don't like this or that! Oh well..pay me and you can have whatever you paid for....Have a Nailtastic Day!