Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I Need My Lunch!

READER SUBMISSION
I am a human being.  As such, I like to eat in order to sustain obtainable energy throughout  the busy day.    When I say I want a lunch every day, I mean it.  I don't care if the whole damn industry books themselves up all day, every day.  I don't care if hairdressers can eat while their color processes.  I'm not a hair dresser.  I'm a nail tech.  If my lunch isn't physically on the books, I don't get to eat.  


What is so frigin hard to understand about that!?!  I'm not a machine here to work from start to finish because you won't support my decision to choose to take 30 minutes from my day to sit down and eat.  Threatening me that the receptionists won't like me if I keep getting mad because they took my lunch out, and therefore won't book appointments with me; is piss poor management on your part.  You should make it painfully clear to them that they are to respect me and my schedule, that they are not gods.  


And here's a tip: when you chew out an employee, don't act all high and mighty by saying how you do things so much better because you do them a different way.  You sound condescending and off-putting.  I'm all for making the client happy, but I'm not going to sacrifice my lunch just because they want in.  I'm sure given the option of a different time available, most would be completely ok.  You don't have to say yes to every thing.  I've never said I had to have lunch at the same time every day, just that I wanted one.  If I don't stand up for myself on this, who will?  


And to the receptionist who flat out told me there would be days that I wouldn't get a lunch because it would be too busy and clients would want in... FUCK YOU.  I just got done telling you that I want a lunch every day.  I didn't say, "if time allows."  I said every day.  The hours I work are to include 30 minutes every day.  You annoy me.  You are around 50, yet you act like a whiny brat teenager.  You annoy the other girls and because you are unhappy you like to stir the pot. 


I am ready to leave.  The only thing that keeps me motivated is job hunting and knowing that this BS is temporary.  I won't let people walk over me or put up with their crap. The more I take, the more they give. 
Life is too short to not have fun.


--I Need My Lunch!

5 comments:

Lady Ace said...

Reason number 427 I love being my OWN boss. I not only schedule myself time to eat EVERY day that I work, but I also schedule each of my clients an extra 15 minutes. This gives me time to clean up, set up, use the restroom, get a drink or snack (I eat 5-6 times a day; works better for my digestion), &/or take a quick walk around the block to stretch. NO ONE tells me I can't take a break.

Anonymous said...

Labor laws require your employer to give you a lunch. Here it's 30 min + two 10 min breaks for 8 hours. There is no other industry I know of or have ever worked in where the boss takes your lunch away and makes you work. Sounds like a good idea to move from that place, I think that's what you said. I worked for a salon once, that did not let us have lunch either. She said she didn't pay us to eat. My response was don't pay me. You don't need to make yourself sick by skipping meals or not being able to give your body some time to stretch. Your not a machine. Tell them all to stick it in their ass. On another note, don't these bitches know what it feels like to sit hunched over hours on end? Worse than standing on your feet moving around.

Anonymous said...

I don't really schedule breaks, I'd rather make more money. But I like to take one when I can :)

Anonymous said...

Haha maybe the bitch receptionist should
sit by the phone and not take a lunch because someone might want to call during that time? H and as far as your employer goes its against the labor laws call BOLI

Anonymous said...

Haha maybe the bitch receptionist should
sit by the phone and not take a lunch because someone might want to call during that time? H and as far as your employer goes its against the labor laws call BOLI