Tuesday, November 15, 2011

STATE BOARD - You SUCK!

Two months ago, I contacted my state board about a local salon, who was advertising that they were performing services that were beyond the scope of their license.  The complaint was registered and a case file number was assigned.

Through the past two months, I have provided more and more evidence of the salon’s violations.  Photos of signs, advertisements and announcements on Facebook.

Finally, last week I sent two more photos and asked what the hell was up.  Why are they still, two months later illegally doing services that they are not permitted to do and doing them poorly, may I add, to the point that they are destroying people’s hair.

The response I received makes me want to kick a puppy and I love puppies. 

Please be advised that this matter is still under investigation.  Normal processing time is 9-12 months; however, it can take longer depending on the caseload of the investigator and/or the attorney.

REALLY?  Nine to twelve months???  You are kidding, right?  WOW, way to enforce those rules.  I mean do you realize how much damage they can cause in nine months to ONE YEAR??  How much money are they making ILLEGALLY in a years time?

People wonder why things are the way they are and THIS is the reason.  WHY have the government regulate our industry when they really AREN’T regulating it, they are just pretending to.  Pretending, so that they can take money from us in forms of individual and facility license fees.

So hey, the next time you are worried that you “may” be doing something inappropriate, just go on ahead and do it.  No one cares.  By the time that they get around to caring, a year has passed and that trend or fad has already passed.  Most of us with professionalism and integrity won’t do that, but you bet your sweet ass others will.

--Nancy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the truth. Why don't you call your local news station. They can investigate and get it to the public. Maybe then the State will step up.

Anonymous said...

You are right, state boards only care about the $$$ you are sending them.

Anonymous said...

I just recalled our glorious state board to not be able to get thru repeatedly so I called our esteemed inspector. FOR 6 YEARS we have been trying to get rid of our illegal shop, in a town of only 8ooo. They have been fined repeatedly, the fines show up on the state website with clearly a written CEASE AND DESISIT on them all, The inspector was so surprised they were still open. OMG REALLY, I told him that for the last several times (every 6mo) that i email the state about them I get a phone call from the same generic guy who tells me and I quote "well they are not paying their fines and it has been turned over to the state district attorney". He tried to sound appauled. He then told me he has been reassigned and is no longer our inspector and that he would talk to his supervisor for an answer for me.. and call me back.. well I am now growing mold ...hello!! State board does suk in Texas. this is rediculous! I did try to tell the local news media. here in town they wont print it, the next town over the news channel does not find it interesting enough to do a story on it. What are we to do??? Oh but I need to get my hours in and keep my licensing up or they will come after me.. What do we do?
Please let me know when you find a solution that works.
p/s i cant remember my log in ..lol..
so .. posted by kathie k

Nancy NailTech said...

Kathie, I haven't a clue. I am in the same boat as you are. We are in two different states. I would bet that the other 49 states (Connecticut has no licensing) are no better.

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure Oregon only has two inspectors... I've been a booth-renter for almost 8 years and have only been "inspected" (HAHAHA - what a joke the inspection was, too!) once; within my first year.