Monday, February 20, 2012

Who Are You?

I hear the murmurings.  I see the insinuations.  I am not blind, nor am I dumb.  I see that some are claiming that they know my identity.  I have to laugh, because some of those claiming it the most, I have never met in my entire life and never and an interaction with until I became anonymous.

How do I know so much, you ask?  Well it’s not hard.  It’s very easy to see things via Facebook and the Internet.  Even though I am not friends with everyone, I can still see most of your interactions with others that I am friends with.

I see how two faced some people are.  How they openly talk about others thinking that they can’t see it just because they adjusted the privacy settings so that the person they are talking about can’t see it.  Someone may have their account set to friends only and I am not your friend, but when one of my friends comments on your stuff  “I” can then see it all.

So, it doesn’t take someone in the know, or someone who is wildly known to see and know things.  Even a newbie to the industry could do the same.

So, why is it so important that people know who I am?  Is it because I called you out on something?  You didn’t like what I had to say?  Maybe something written has hit a little close to home and hurt your widdle feelings?  Grow up.   Learn from it.  Move on and be a better person because of it.

To those who are certain you know who I am.  Prove it.  I know you don’t have it.  Truth is, I could be anyone.  I could be your competitor next door.  I could be the tech working in the chair next to you.  I could be your best friend.  I could be your boss, or I could be the booth renter that you abuse.  See, no one knows for certain who I am.  No one that is, but me. 

--Nancy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one do not care who you are. I may like reading this blog on occasion and commenting anonymously, as to do it under my own name would get me attacked by you and some of your fellow cronies. I don't mind saying come across equally as two faced on this blog, as the people you are pointing at. Hiding behind your "fake title" so you can do it in secrecy.

Anonymous said...

We're on each other's friend's lists, and I've commented in my name before and I've even commented about your Blog entries on my timeline for all to see. I do think there's a lot of hate in the Industry, but by saying that, I'm also incriminating myself because I'm not so nice at times either and I've very publicly written about it in my Blog, citing my own behaviour in hand with others. But, I will say, I know that change starts within each of us, and I do think you're doing a good thing here despite all the criticism you might get; you have rubbed me wrong sometimes because I have been guilty of the things you've written about. Will I change? Probably not-but I'm okay with the consequences and who I am and how I operate, truth be told-but I can say, thank you for helping me hold a rather glaring, truthful mirror up to my "online face" one more than one Occasion-you've given me cause to ponder, which I feel has been rather beneficial of its own accord; keep on keepin' on whomever you might be. : )