Saturday, February 25, 2012

Shut DOWN!

Well, I got an illegal salon shut down.  Now the offender is crying foul.  She says she's been licensed since 1998 and only does nails (in her home, illegally) for family and friends and she doesn't charge.  Well, I am sure her state board found the following items just as incriminating as I did.


  • Why do you have a BUSINESS Facebook Page then?
  • With a business name?
  • If you aren't charging, then why are you telling people how much you charge when they ask?


I totally call bullshit.  You were caught fair and square.  Now you want to change your story.  I think the most ridiculous statement you made was:
"I am up to code on everything and have my nail license and was unaware of having to have a salon license since Im not a salon, I don't do hair!!!"
So, only people who do hair have to have a salon license?  Really?  Are you really that stupid?  Further, I doubt that you are "Up to code on everything".  I am certain that your salon does NOT meet the following requirements that your state REQUIRES for an in home salon:

  • To have an entrance that allows you to enter from the street and not through any part of the home.
  • To have a bathroom that is only used for the salon.
  • That you have a minimum area of 180 square feet and a minimum width of 10 feet.
  • That you have the minimum furniture and equipment listed, which includes a manicure table, two chairs, pedicure basin and a RECEPTION DESK.


I highly doubt that you meet all of the requirements above, since most home owner's have to do major renovations to meet state board requirements.

You are now encouraging all of your "family and friends" who you have been servicing, (I lost count after 80) write on your ILLEGAL businesses wall so that state board can see their support.  REALLY???

Do you not get it through your head that you are BREAKING THE LAW.  That is why state board shut you down!  They don't give a shit what your family and friends have to say.  Actually, this is not going to help you, it's only going to prove HOW MUCH illegal activity you have been doing!  You are ensuring a fine and loss of your license.

I don't feel bad for you one bit.  You broke the law.  You are now angry that you got caught.  Sorry, you can trash the Vietnamese salons all you want, but you know what?  You are no better than the worst of them AND some of them are better than you are.  They are legal.

--Nancy

No comments: