Monday, August 22, 2011

Things I’ve Always Wanted to Say to Clients

Through the years, I have just wanted to scream at some clients.  Most clients are awesome, but you always have those few that really push your buttons and until you finally can’t take any more and fire them, you are screaming at them in your head.  Here are just a few things I would LOVE to say to some clients both current and past.   

Come at your appointment time.  Don’t come 10 minutes late because you put me behind the rest of the day.  For goodness sakes do not come 30 minutes early either!  Some of you come so early, then sit in the waiting chair and stare at me like I am late.  Um, you are early.  Also, if I don’t have a client when you arrive, do not expect me to start you early unless you have called and made arrangements before to start earlier.  We schedule time to eat, return phone calls and run errands.  Oh sure, I could eat after I am finished with you, but what usually ends up happening is the next person is early and so on and so on and I never get my break.  So just show up on time, it’s not too much to ask.

If you are one of these people who like to be really, really early, for the love of God, when you sit in my chair, you better have made a decision of what color you want, what design you are going with.  You just sat there for how long, you had plenty of time to make those decisions.

When you do arrive early, DO NOT try to monopolize my time.  My attention is given to the paying client sitting in my chair.  Your time starts at your scheduled time.  Do not ask me to help you pick out colors or answer questions.  I am with another client.  Would you like it if someone came in and barges in on your appointment?  Well don’t do it to someone else.

Put your flipping cell phone in your purse and turn it OFF.  You are not Donald Trump or the President of the United States.  You are not so important that you have to be reached every second of the day.  Instruct family members to call the salon if there is an emergency.  It is nearly impossible to do your nails while you are yakking on the phone, making your other hand stiff as a board, never mind that one of those hands has to go into the UV light (Hair prints in the gel and all).  It’s even worse when you are trying to text.  Your appointment is 60 minutes.  You can put your sucky woo woo blankie down for 60 seconds.  From now on, I am going to stop working until I have both of your hands in my possession.  At the end of your allotted time, if I am not finished, tough shit.  Turn your phone off and put it away next time.

Leave the brats at home.  Seriously this is a nail salon, not a day care.  We have never had one child that behaved in the salon.  Do you really think I can do intricate artwork while you have a baby on your lap and you are BOUNCING it to pacify it?  Really?  Also, do you really want file dust and chemicals blowing in YOUR BABY’S FACE?   That is exactly where it is going.  Do you think it is easy to work on you while you are squirming in your chair trying to keep an eye on your kid, who is doing cartwheels in the salon?  Do you think we enjoy hearing you scream at your child?  Do you think we enjoy watching your child out of the corner of our eye because you aren’t?  How good do you think your nails will look after all that?  Leave them at home.  Get a sitter.  This should be YOU time.

These are just a few things, I am sure more will be added by our readers soon.  Coming up next, we have a message for all of you clients who are coming from the Discount Nail Salons………..

6 comments:

irocknails said...

I THINK I WANT TO START A LOVE AFFAIR WITH YOU!!! LOLOLOL

kk said...

YOU TOTALLY ROCK AND ARE MY NEW MENTAL HERO!! OH YEA!

kk said...

new service policy ..effective yesterday
I can provide service which is cheap fast & perfect. But you can only have 2
Cheap and fast...wont be perfect
cheap and perfect ...wont be fast
if you want it fast and perfect .. it wont be cheap.

my two cents..lol

Anonymous said...

***Blushing****
KK LOVE your New Service Policy!!!

Anonymous said...

What kk said - you are definitely me hero!

Soft Landings said...

very appropriately sai.