Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New Clients – Someone Else’s PITA

Don’t you just love some of these new clients that you get from other salons?  The best are the ones that come from the Discount Salons.  You know, the dirty salons, using MMA, cheap, fast, no appointment, churning out ugly, fugly nails all day long.

They arrive at your table with yellowed product.  Their nails look like a Chiclet.  The smile line is almost to the cuticle.  It’s a white tip with clear product over it.  It is, on that day, the worst set of nails you have ever seen in your career.  You think, this is going to be easy!  I am going to WOW her!  Think again.

These are by far, the pickiest clients.  They will tell you to take off a millimeter of length to make them even (even though they are already even).  They will fuss over the placement of one spec of glitter.  They fuss and muss about EVERY. SINGLE. THING. 

Really?  Seriously??  Did you take a look at your nails when you walked in the door?  Were you that picky when you got that set put on????  Oh, right, you couldn’t express yourself because your technician DIDN’T SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE.  I really doubt that you would have said anything anyway, so why be so picky now?  Your nails already look one million times better and I am not even half way finished!

Sometimes you get new clients from a neighboring salon that is not a Discount Salon.  You get bombarded with things like “That’s not how my other tech did it”.  Well, if you were so happy with that other tech, why are you not sitting in her chair?  Why are you in mine?  Seems to me you are looking for something new.  Something better.  Why not allow me to do that?  Why not allow me to do my job?  I promise you I will do the best job that you will allow me to do.

Sometimes you get rid of a Pain In The Ass (aka PITA)  Sometimes, you end up with someone else’s PITA.  The only PITAs I like have cheese in them.

5 comments:

kk said...

ROFLOL

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God. Please do not hold back! LMAO. You are the best when it comes to telling it like it is.
I look forward to the next one.

Anonymous said...

The nails in that photo- they ARE from some other place, right? ;-)

Nancy NailTech said...

YES! I Googled "FUGLY NAILS" and this is some of the images that came up!

Anonymous said...

lmao...I'm having a great afternoon...lunch and drinks and reading ur blog...love love love it!